I'm Garren Smith. I'm a software developer, and my wife and I homeschool our two kids. So that keeps me busy for the majority of my waking hours.
I'm also a tinkerer, a lifelong learner, and a collector of hobbies. So, on this blog, I invite you to share in my fascination with any or all of the following:
- Climbing and Bouldering (in the gym and in the great outdoors)
- Making Music – electronic music, music production, bass guitar, electric guitar, and figuring out the piano
- Photography – DSLR and drone
- Sojourns around South Africa
- Adventures in homeschooling and parenting
- Bullet journalling, second brain, and intentional living
- And yes, programming and software development – I consider myself a pretty versatile developer (frontend, backend, testing, and everything in between), so you should hopefully see that reflected in what I share here!
If you subscribe today, you'll get full access to the website as well as email newsletters about new content when it's available. Your subscription makes this site possible. Thank you!
Access all areas
By signing up, you'll get access to the full archive of everything that's been published before and everything that's still to come. Your very own private library.
Fresh content, delivered
Stay up to date with new content sent straight to your inbox! No more worrying about whether you missed something because of a pesky algorithm or news feed.